14 September 2012

Pregnancy: Weeks 29 & 30



I swear the bump is real!



Weight:  190 lbs. (by the end of week 26 I have gained 47 lbs.)

Weeks to Go: 10 Weeks!!! AH!!


What I feel: Anxious. So so so anxious. And a little nervous (Am I going to be a good mother? Wife? Friend?). 

I absolutely cannot wait to meet our little guy. I think about him constantly (mainly praying that everything is going well in there) and all the fun we will have together. I cannot wait to share with him so many memories and stories and love. I have been keeping a journal and baby book about pregnancy so far. I put baby pictures of my husband and I in it, wrote little notes about what has been going on and special gifts we received. I am excited to share this with him one day.

I am trying a new thing: sleeping in while I can! 
I used to get up at 6:30 am, get ready and head to work by 8 am. I am now getting up at 7 am, getting ready and heading to work by 8 am. Although an extra half hour doesn't seem like much, it really makes a big difference in my day. I enjoy the "sleeping in" because 3 pm when I don't feel as tired any more. My husband lovingly (and some time abruptly!) wakes me up at 7 am. There is no better alarm clock. I had to adjust my shower schedule (which for a runner is a weird concept, no run usually = no shower, more on that some other time) and cut back my hair-do time but I am sure these things will be changing again when the baby comes.


What I look like:  Mainly belly. A big belly. Right out there in front. Much of my body pales in comparison to my ever growing bump. It has now started to grow in width (not side to side, but front to back) an an increasing rate. My husband asked again the other day if I was sure there wasn't two in there. I don't think so...

Fall has been gracious to me so far. I am really looking forward to this cool weather. I made it all summer in the heat, a little break near the end would be a welcomed gift.

Also-a word on leggings-they are still not pants. BUT while pregnant they work perfectly under just-too-short-now-that-I-have-a-bump dress and skirts. I am very happy I bought a pair last week. I thought about jeggings but haven't committed yet.


Oh Things I didn't know about pregnancy until now: If you find out you have a type A blood type you get lots of blood work and shots! What fun! Shots in the buttox none the less! 
I had a monthly check up last week and had to get my Rhogam shot. My husband explained that because of my blood type my body could end up fighting off any future pregnancies if our child is a different blood type than I. I get a shot now, and depending on the baby's blood type, one after birth. 

I did have to wait for hours for the lab test to come back that day, but at least being pregnant calls for sympathy from the nurses in the OB/GYN section of the hospital. Bonus: I got a free, personal tour of the labor & delivery rooms! Sweet! They are huge! Plus hubby & baby get to stay with me.

Timeline happenings: Almost to single digits! The end is near, I can feel it. 
These last two weeks have been rough sleeping (even with the magic of the body pillow). The baby is kicking A TON! I mean an somersault every minute when I lay down. Either he is an excellent soccer player already OR gymnast. My goodness. He kept me up way past bed time the other night and recovering takes me two days of napping. 

My bellybutton is almost an outtie! The turkey is almost done!

More and more I keep saying "when I am maternity leave" to my co-workers. I think I am ready for a little break. It will be wonderful to have time with the baby. I am really looking forward to it.



Things for Baby: So many dinosaur things! A bib, clothes, slippers, blankets, toys, you name it we have it in dinosaur theme! So cute!

We received a gift from my husband's best friend this week. He was so thoughtful, he bought 12 month and older clothes. I am sure I will be so thankful for these when the time comes. Although for now they are in a box in the closet, when the time comes I will be glad to have brand new clothes for our little one.


And the Husband says: "Are you sure there aren't two in there?"  While it feels like it some times, I don't think so.

1 comment:

  1. 1) I love the new look of your blog!! 2) I feel closer to the states when I read your blog while in Korea. 3) You have nothing to worry about, you will be the best mother and wife :)

    ReplyDelete