14 September 2011

PAC Man

I like politics and enjoy keeping up with party trends or news. 
I also like Stephen Colbert.  
I really like the Colbert Super PAC. 
In case you do not catch the Colbert Report every night in Comedy Central, Stephen Colbert wanted to form a PAC (a political action committee) for the upcoming 2012 Presidential Election. A PAC is pretty much a fundraising committee dedicated to a candidate or cause. A recent change in PACs has allowed the Super PAC to form. This kind of PAC has uncapped contributions but cannot directly support a candidate. Perfect for Stephen Colbert. His Super PAC, known as Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow, has approximately 165,000 members as of August 2011. 
I love it. A political loophole that can allow citizens to take up any reason they see fit to raise money toward a political campaign.
Enter: Rick Parry. 
If you happen to glance at the news every other minute you might notice a similarly named Governor from Texas, Rick Perry. 
Colbert has created a similarly named fake candidate to endorse on his show. This Rick Parry character even had a few television ads that ran before the Iowa Caucus a few months ago. Guess who got written in as a Republican candidate? None other than Rick Parry.
Colbert had done a fantastic job of exposing the obvious loopholes within the political system, in my opinion. And I think it's great that he is able to laugh at both himself and the obvious flaws that exists in our government. I think it takes a lot of confidence to step back and laugh at something, even if it is mocking. You are expressing your opinion and rejoicing in the fact that you think it's wrong. That is a great way to make life a little easier. A lot of people get angry, try to make others angry and highly criticize such flaws. Why not turn it into laughter? Make light of the situation so to speak.

I love laughing at this kind of humor and really like watching the Colbert report.
I am a proud member of the Colbert Super PAC in fact. 

Oh I love laughing. It makes me feel good.  



I just need to share this story. I get such a kick out of it.


Enjoy the videos and articles!


EAA



No comments:

Post a Comment