12 February 2012

Friday Bake Day on Sunday: Chicken & Rice

Honestly, weekends fly by. So yes, my weekly commitment to post a recipe on Friday has moved to Sunday this week. This weekend was extra special as my husband received his student doctor white coat. So that is my excuse!

But, I still owe you a recipe...
This recipe always makes me think of long family dinners spent conversing around good food followed by warm coffee. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.

Chicken & Rice Bake Dinner
Recipe from Grandma Nancy

4 Boneless Chicken Breast-halved
1 Tbs. vegetable or olive oil
2 cans (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Chicken soup
1 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp. salt/pepper
2 cups Rice, uncooked (Brown Rice works too!)
2 cups Broccoli
2 cups Shredded Cheese

1. Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken, cook until chicken is browned
2. Add soup, broth, broccoli, rice, salt & pepper to skillet. Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Place all ingredients in oven casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour. (Cook longer if using brown rice) 

Ta Da! That easy. 

Now go bake!

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe, but I'm dating a vegetarian :) If you ever need any great vegetarian recipes, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo vegetarian....some times the best meals I make are without meat! i will think of something vegetarian for next week!
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete